This Is The World's Biggest Cruise Liner And Its Ticket Prices Might Chill You


Author: Clark Tos
2022-11-09 19:19:02

The largest liner in the seas has not yet finished its construction that it has already broken records for ticket sales. Its inauguration is scheduled for 2024.

Credit: Alberto Masnovo/ iStock

The Icon of the Seas is still under construction in Finland , but its success is in full swing. The shipping company Royal Caribbean International did not wait to launch the sale of its tickets for the future cruises , planned for 2024.

And the least we can say is that ticket sales have “ broke all records “, according to Bert Hernandez, the vice president of international sales of the company, for the site Travel Weekly . All the tickets, 7,500, were sold out in less than a month, he said.

The cruise has got triple the most bookings we've ever had for a new ship “, rejoiced the vice-president. 60% of tickets were purchased by couples, the remaining 40% being customers with at least one child.

Tickets up to $77,000

Credit: Kirk Fisher/iStock

To make the dream trip that the cruise provides, the lucky travelers paid the crazy sum of 1000 dollars (a similar price in euros). The most expensive ticket was sold at $94,000 for a family suite, while English travelers paid $77,000, said Bert Hernandez.

The liner will be inaugurated in 2024 and will begin its cruise from Miami, in the United States. The boat will then stop in the Eastern and Western Caribbean passing through Mexico, Honduras and Saint-Martin.

The ocean liner itself is a gigantic ship that will soon be considered the largest ocean liner in the world. It must be said that it plans to house seven swimming pools and slides. Travelers booked for an average stay of 7 nights.